Founded in 1886, GAF has grown to become North America’s largest manufacturer of commercial and residential roofing.* See Our Visual Tool
Professional installers have long preferred the rugged, dependable performance that only a GAF roof can offer, and have made it the #1-selling brand in North America.*
Our success in growing the company to nearly $3 billion in sales has been based on our unique philosophy of helping:
For property owners & architects:
- Helping to assure your best and safest choice in roofing
For supportive distributors and roofing contractors:
- Helping to build your business and avoid hassles
Here are just some of the reasons why we believe that GAF is your best and safest choice!
- Professional installers have long preferred the rugged, dependable performance that only a GAF roof can offer, and have made our Advanced Protection™ shingles the #1 brand in North America!
- Inventors of the Timberline® Advanced Protection™ shingle — the #1-selling shingle in North America
- Rated #1 in shingle quality by contractors and home builders (2009 Hanley-Wood study)
- Named #1 in innovation for shingles by home builders (Home Improvement Executive study, October 2009)
- First to pass ASTM D3161 Class F (110 mph) and ASTM D7158 Class H (150 mph) wind ratings on every manufactured shingle (per UL public listing)
- First to produce an energy-efficient asphalt shingle available in rich colors, called the Cool Color Series (now called Timberline® Cool Series)
- Winner of the Builder’s Choice Award
- Premium Designer Shingles have twice received the Architects Choice For Excellence Award
- Freedom™ TPO self-adhering roofing systems chosen Product Of The Year by Commercial Building Products magazine
- Fireshield® brand roof restoration system named “Best Product” by the editors of Buildings magazine
- Winner of the 2011 Innovation Award for asphalt roof shingles
Expertise You Can Count On
We’ve been at this for 125 years. Why turn to anyone else to protect your most valuable asset?
- Manufacturing locations across North America — to serve you better
- C.A.R.E. installation training program that has provided education to over 100,000 industry professionals
- Regularly sought out to appear in leading home and garden publications and on home improvement networks such as HGTV
Solutions Made Simple
Getting a new roof shouldn’t be an exercise in pain and frustration. So we’ve made it easy!
- Our Weather Stopper® Roofing System includes everything you need to provide reliable, water-tight protection for your home
- Our factory-certified contractors—more than 4,000 strong nationwide— eliminate the risk that your roof will be installed by some fly-by-night contractor
- Our industry-leading warranties—backed by North America’s largest roofing manufacturer—will provide you with the peace of mind you deserveThe bottom line is: More property owners choose GAF for their roofing project—why trust your most valuable asset to anyone else?
Decking & Railing
In 2009, Correct Building Products, one of the highest quality composite decking and railing manufacturers joined the GAF family of companies. Today, our DuraLife™ decking and railing product line includes:
- The Siesta Collection, ultra-low maintenance premium decking, rated the top composite decking board in 2010 by the most trusted consumer advocate publication in the U.S. Now includes Tropical Hardwood blends in four natural, easy-to-maintain earth tones
- The Natural Grain collection, beautiful decking with a natural grain finish—and priced to fit most budgets
- The Railways collection, beauty and safety in one convenient-to-install railing system
Now More Than Ever, It’s Easy To Be “Green”…
…when making your roofing and decking choices. As the industry leader, GAF is proud to offer a broad array of environmentally friendly solutions. We have options for both residential and commercial properties, including products containing recycled materials, reflective or “cool” roofing, re-cover roofing to reduce landfill waste, garden roofing, and solar roofing products. We have also worked to incorporate sustainable practices into our manufacturing process, including the recycling of shingle waste at plants, and a Zero-Waste-to-Landfill effort. And be sure to ask about our Certified Green Roofer program that recognizes professional roofing contractors for recycling!
*Source: 2010 Fredonia Group Study